Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Belly of the Chef

Today was the first day of college.

I’m now a student of Ozark Christian College, Room 324, Boatman Hall, third floor. Getting here required $100 in gas and a total of 17 hours in the car, driving through the entirety of New Mexico; the worst state in existence, part of Texas; where apparently it is state law that all hotels must have a Texas-shaped waffle iron included in the continental breakfast, and part of Oklahoma. The most exciting things to look at during the expedition existed solely in my cramped car.

We arrived in Joplin, Missouri yesterday at around 5:30, central time. Paul and I made our way to Trevor and Katrina’s digs, where much needed R&R time took place. It’s funny how something as easy as driving can make you so tired.

This morning I moved into my new room, a quaint little pad with a breakfast nook and balcony overlooking a peaceful stream. Just kidding. It’s actually not that bad of a place, plenty of space for a computer, a bed, an Xbox, and my collection of comic books. It’s a little strange to think that I will actually be living here for the next nine months or so. It honestly feels like I’m at CIY again. We caught up with Jonathan Cook for lunch. It was cool to see him again.

I’m excited for the rest of the year and I hope I can shed my high school habit of epic procrastination. I hope to be able to volunteer at a place called The Bridge, a sicknasty skate park/arcade/concert venue right up the street. I intend to start looking for a job as soon as possible. And now in the immortal words of a guy in a ninja costume with a hilarious podcast…

Let’s kick this pig.

Deuces,

Fox out.

Currently listening to: Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

No comments:

Post a Comment